Component Services Add Component

Aug 15, 2007 at 11:18 PM
For Adding Component with application name i had to change code in InternalExecute method like below.

shellExecute.Arguments = String.Format(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture, @"/quiet {0} ""{1}""", this.path,this.applicationName);

Original Code is
shellExecute.Arguments = String.Format(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture, "/quiet {0} ", this.path);

Thanks,
Siva
Developer
Feb 25, 2008 at 12:26 PM
thanks. this will be integrated shortly.
Developer
Feb 25, 2008 at 12:46 PM
integrated here: http://www.codeplex.com/sdctasks/SourceControl/DownloadSourceCode.aspx?changeSetId=15624
the next binary release will contain the changes
Developer
Mar 1, 2008 at 5:22 PM
Integrated in Release 2.1.2978.0 (26 Feb 08).
Mar 31, 2008 at 2:03 PM
Edited Mar 31, 2008 at 2:21 PM
Don't know if the problem i am seeing is related to this but here it goes.

After a call to ComponentServices.Application.AddComponent with correct path to assembly with the serviced component and a local user (with correct password) for Identity the Component Services MMC snap-in does not show either the application or the component. Furthermore the component is not newable. However, after a reboot both the application and the component appears in the MMC snap-in and the component is newable. The identity is however set to interactive user.

One more thing. The ComponentServices.Application.Shutdown fails miserably if the application doesn't exist, and use of the ContinueOnError properties is a poor substitute as it generates a warning (TFSBuild doesn't like that). Exposing the Exists method as a separate task following the pattern of the Sdc.Tasks elsewhere would be good and should be easy. Alternatively the task should just summarize and output that there was nothing to shutdown, just like the targets of the Serviceprocess namespace.

I am using Vista Enterprise.

Martin
Developer
Mar 31, 2008 at 11:47 PM
Edited Mar 31, 2008 at 11:49 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.