SourceTfs.Checkin issue

Apr 1, 2008 at 10:42 PM
I'm trying to customize our build file so that after each build, the DLLs are automatically checking into TFS. So here's what I am trying in the AfterDrop target:

<SourceTfs.Checkin Path="$(Project_TfsLibPath)/MyDllNamedll" Comments="Dll from build $(BuildNumber)" />

I have the $(Project_TfsLibPath) variable set to the server path of the folder where I want the DLL to be checked in - so for eg: >$/ProjName/Main/Source/SubProj/Lib

I am getting the followeing error in the build log:

A task error has occured.
error : Message = A non-zero return code was returned from the TFS Source command.
error : Path = $/Project/Main/Source/SubProj/Lib/MyDllName.dll
error : at Microsoft.Sdc.Tasks.SourceTfs.CheckinInternalExecute()
error : at Microsoft.Sdc.Tasks.TaskBase.Execute()

I tried to see if first checkout the file before executing the checkin task, but that did not help. The file is already in TFS. Any thoughts as to why I am seing this error? How do I enable the logging that the tasks do?
Developer
Apr 2, 2008 at 9:43 AM
A little further up, is it failing with 'Unable to determine the workspace.' ?
Apr 2, 2008 at 4:11 PM
No it is able to determine the workspace ok. I am seing this error though:
'"tf.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I looked at the source of the checkin task and it looks like it is calling the tf checkin command line option. I ensured that the VS80COMNTOOLS env variable is set to D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools...so it should be able to do ..\IDE\tf.exe on it and resolve to the file.

Any ideas? I am running the latest release.
Developer
Apr 3, 2008 at 12:16 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.