Can use with Visual Studio 2008?

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Edited Apr 18, 2008 at 6:22 PM
I can't seem to find a clear statement either way as to whether the SDC can be used with Visual Studio 2008 or not. In my case, I'm using VS2008 with a project that builds at 2.0 (I guess that doesn't really matter considering the MSBuild is still going to be a newer version). I kept getting errors in regard to the Copy and Delete commands. I used the fully qualified names for the part of the build project I updated (Microsoft.Build.Tasks.Copy), but I'm guessing all the other uses of Copy and Delete for the proj and targets files that come with VS2008 were failing because they didn't use fully qualified names. To get around this (and since I only need the one task for the time being) I commented out all of the tasks in the Microsoft.Sdc.Common.tasks files other than the GlobalAssemblyCache.AddAssembly task. That seems to have resolved the issue, but it looks like there will be naming clashes. I built with Diagnostic level logging and sure enough the Copy commands that should've been for Microsoft.Common were coming from Microsoft.Sdc.Common.

So am I doing something wrong (which I realize is hard to say without seeing my proj files) or are there known issues when using the SDC with VS2008?
Developer
Apr 18, 2008 at 8:55 PM
No you're doing nothing wrong, this is a known issue with the sdc tasks and will be resolved in the 3.5 beta release and possibly in the next 2.1 release.

Mike
Developer
May 21, 2008 at 4:06 PM
WorkItem Created
Jun 2, 2008 at 10:35 AM
Hi,

Having the same problem with AssignCulture and the Delete and Copy targets of the BizTalk namespace. I don't use the SDC variants of these targets anyway so I just commented them out from Microsoft.Sdc.Common.tasks. I for one don't think this is a problem with the Sdc tasks but rather with the Microsoft.Common.tasks. Maybe some of you guys can drop a hint to the MSBuild guys about them using fully qualified target names so this problem goes away?

Thx for a great product :)

Martin
Jun 2, 2008 at 11:25 AM
Hi,

Having the same problem with AssignCulture and the Delete and Copy targets of the BizTalk namespace. I don't use the SDC variants of these targets anyway so I just commented them out from Microsoft.Sdc.Common.tasks. I for one don't think this is a problem with the Sdc tasks but rather with the Microsoft.Common.tasks. Maybe some of you guys can drop a hint to the MSBuild guys about them using fully qualified target names so this problem goes away?

Thx for a great product :)

Martin