question regarding Microsoft.SDC.Tasks.Tasks.ServiceProcess.ControlService

May 29, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Hi

I am trying to migrate to latest release of SDC.Tasks project and I have few questions regarding it.

Microsoft.SDC.Tasks.Tasks.ServiceProcess.Start and Microsoft.SDC.Tasks.Tasks.ServiceProcess.Stop classes are deprecated and we need to use Microsoft.SDC.Tasks.Tasks.ServiceProcess.ControlService class and set the Action property to start or stop the service. 

My question now is, what is the string value that we need to set to the Action property? Is it "StartServiceTask" and "StopServiceTask" or just "Start" and "Stop"?  It would have been nice if Action property was made as an enum instead of a string.

Thanks

Satya

May 29, 2008 at 7:51 PM
I am using VS 2008 and .Net Framework 3.5.  This is FYI
Developer
May 29, 2008 at 11:32 PM
Hi

If you look in chm file you will see the following:

action (Required)

The action to perform on the service. Supported actions are: Install, Uninstall, Start, Stop, Disabled, Manual, Automatic

Clearer documentation is being created for a future release.

Hope that helps.

Mike

satyas_c wrote:

Hi

I am trying to migrate to latest release of SDC.Tasks project and I have few questions regarding it.

Microsoft.SDC.Tasks.Tasks.ServiceProcess.Start and Microsoft.SDC.Tasks.Tasks.ServiceProcess.Stop classes are deprecated and we need to use Microsoft.SDC.Tasks.Tasks.ServiceProcess.ControlService class and set the Action property to start or stop the service. 

My question now is, what is the string value that we need to set to the Action property? Is it "StartServiceTask" and "StopServiceTask" or just "Start" and "Stop"?  It would have been nice if Action property was made as an enum instead of a string.

Thanks

Satya

May 29, 2008 at 11:54 PM
Thanks a lot Mike