How increment ApplicationVersion prior to build using SDC?

Sep 18, 2008 at 4:24 PM
Can anyone please provide me with the SDC code that goes into the TFSBuild.proj file to do the following:

Before build, check out MyProject.vbproj and increment the "ApplicationVersion" property (e.g. from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.1), and then check it back in.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Ron

Developer
Sep 19, 2008 at 2:22 PM
Edited Sep 19, 2008 at 2:23 PM
Hi Ron

I've not worked with VB for some time, but if I create a basic library, the vbproj file has no ApplicationVersion property in it. Are you referring to Assembly versioning?

Mike
Sep 20, 2008 at 1:27 AM

The Publish Version on the Publish tab equates to the ApplicationVersion listed in the .vbproj (or .csproj) file. -thanks

Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 4:25 PM
To: rcook@westinis.com
Subject: Re: How increment ApplicationVersion prior to build using SDC? [sdctasks:35929]

Hi Ron

I've not worked with VB for some time, but if I create a basic library, the vbproj file has no ApplicationVersion property in it. Are you referring to Assembly versioning?

Mike

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sdctasks@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sdctasks@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com