Issue with Application Delete

Oct 15, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the Application Delete Biztalk task with the latest version of the SDC tasks (2.1.3155.0).

I get an 'Object Reference not set to an instance of an object' error when trying to delete one of my Biztalk applications. From the stack trace it seems to happen on the call to GetBtsCatalogExplorer in Biztalk2004TaskBase.cs.

I've cut down my msbuild files to the following:

<Project  xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003"    DefaultTargets="UnDeploy">

<Import Project="E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\SDCTasks\Microsoft.Sdc.Common.Tasks" />

<Target Name="UnDeploy">  
  <BizTalk2006.Application.Delete Application="NSAM.Utilities" Server="myservername" Database="mydatabasename" />
  <Message text="App Deleted: NSAM.Utilities" />
 </Target>
</Project>

Can anyone give me a hand please?

Thanks

Developer
Oct 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM
please post the stack trace.
Oct 17, 2008 at 1:13 PM
Here it is:

Target UnDeploy:
    E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\MSBuild Projects\Anand Original\Test\nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj(7,3): error : A task error has occured.
    E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\MSBuild Projects\Anand Original\Test\nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj(7,3): error : Message     = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\MSBuild Projects\Anand Original\Test\nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj(7,3): error : Application = NSAM.Utilities
    E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\MSBuild Projects\Anand Original\Test\nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj(7,3): error : Database    = BizTalkMgmtDb
    E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\MSBuild Projects\Anand Original\Test\nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj(7,3): error : Server      = HO-M3DB-V508
    E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\MSBuild Projects\Anand Original\Test\nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj(7,3): error :
    E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\MSBuild Projects\Anand Original\Test\nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj(7,3): error :    at Microsoft.Sdc.Tasks.BizTalk2004.BizTalk2004TaskBase.GetBtsCatalogExplorer(String server, String database) in c:\projects\codeplex\sdctasks\Solutions\Main\Tasks.BizTalk\2004\BizTalk2004TaskBase.cs:line 102
    E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\MSBuild Projects\Anand Original\Test\nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj(7,3): error :    at Microsoft.Sdc.Tasks.BizTalk2006.Application.Delete.InternalExecute() in c:\projects\codeplex\sdctasks\Solutions\Main\Tasks.BizTalk\2006\Application\Delete.cs:line 44
    E:\Projects\BiztalkSolutions\AutomatedBuild\MSBuild Projects\Anand Original\Test\nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj(7,3): error :    at Microsoft.Sdc.Tasks.TaskBase.Execute() in c:\projects\codeplex\sdctasks\Solutions\Main\Tasks\TaskBase.cs:line 66
Done building target "UnDeploy" in project "nsam.msbuild.utilities.proj" -- FAILED.

The other point to note is that if I do not set the server name and database name it all fails saying that it can't find database <blank> on server <blank>. Perhaps I'm missing a registry entry or something??

Thanks in advance!
Developer
Oct 18, 2008 at 10:02 AM
Hi Matt

I've just checked in changeset 23654 which fixes a bug in the BizTalk2004TaskBase class. Can you compile the code and see if that fixes your issue.

Mike
Oct 22, 2008 at 7:38 AM
Thanks Mike

I'll give that a go!

Matt
Feb 18, 2009 at 7:01 PM
So, did this issue get resolved? I am having the same issue.
Feb 19, 2009 at 7:39 AM
To recompile the code it needed Visual Studio 2008 which I didn't have at the time so I used the old version (2.1.3009) which works

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:01:21 -0800
Subject: Re: Issue with Application Delete [sdctasks:37805]

So, did this issue get resolved? I am having the same issue.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sdctasks@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email sdctasks@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Try Facebook in Windows Live Messenger! Try it Now!